Foot surgery is not a common problem but often occurs in athletes and other sports people. Your podiatrist could recommend you for a foot surgery in cases of serious injuries. It is important that you seek to understand before this operation is carried out. Always seek answers before being operated. The goal of this orthopedic operation is to restore foot function and cure the injuries. It is important that the surgery recommendation is based on a number of factors such as your age, cause of the injury and the general health.
Questions to ask before a foot surgery
- What is procedure all about?
- Are there any other alternatives to this form of surgery?
- Is the process beneficial as far as pain relief and foot function are concerned?
- Are there risks related to this form of operation?
- What is the success rate for this procedure?
- What could go wrong if the surgery is delayed?
- How is the procedure carried out?
- How often are such operations done in the hospital?
- In case I need advice or seek clarity, who do I consult?
- Are there any medical tests required before the operation?
- During the procedure, what kind of anesthesia will be used? Could there be any negative effects associated with this anesthesia? Is there need to have a meeting with the anesthesiologist before the operation?
- What medical conditions should the surgeon know about before operation?
- Is there any pain after the operation? If yes, what will be used to control the pains?
- After how long can I resume normal activities after the operation?
- Is there any risk of becoming disabled after the operation?
- Are there any implants involved in this procedure? If yes, what kind of implants and why?
It is imperative for anyone to learn the reasons for the surgery. Your surgeon should be able to answer all the above questions among other issues that need to be discussed. The importance of these questions is to ensure preparedness for the foot surgery. Take time to prepare adequately before going for the surgery. Always discuss with your podiatrist on all the areas you feel unclear. Your foot surgery should be as smooth as possible. In case there anything you do not understand, always discuss with your doctor.…
Weight loss is a complicated topic, especially nowadays that the weight loss sector is full of myths. Thousands of products have come on the limelight claiming to do magic in burning the extra weight. However, in all these products in the market, the key to weight loss simply changes in lifestyle. Here are the weight loss tips that actually work.
Effective weight loss tips that have proven to work
1. Drinking more water before meals
Drinking water boosts the metabolism process by up to 30 percent over a period of 1.5 hours, thus enabling your body to those extra calories.
2. Avoid refined carbs and sugars
Refined carbs and sugars can spike blood sugar very fast leading to hunger, cravings and thus increase intake of food. They are also linked to obesity. It is, therefore, advisable to eat natural whole grains that are also rich in fiber.
4. Eat enough fruits and vegetables
Fruits and vegetables are very effective in weight loss. They are rich in fiber and have few calories. They are also rich in water, giving them a low energy density. People who eat enough fruits and vegetables daily weigh less. Fruits and vegetables are also nutritious and rich in essential vitamins.
5. Manage stress
There is a correlation between stress and excess weight. Stress makes the body produce cortisol – a hormone that contributes to fat accumulation in the body. So managing stress will reduce this risk. You can avoid stress by having enough sleep, setting aside time to relax every day, avoiding things that stress you, sharing your anxieties with family and close friends, or ensuring a proper balance between work life and personal life.
Dinner is the meal that most people prepare because this is the time when people have gone back from school or work. Some prepare the meal and eat it together as a family. Therefore this is a meal you can use to help the whole family get rid of excess weight. The best way to get everyone excited about having dinner at home is to prepare something hearty and yummy. It is easy to prepare such meals by having recipes to guide you on what to include in the ingredients and how to prepare them. The internet is a good source for recipes that you can use to get rid of excess weight and live a healthier, happier and longer life. If excess weight has been troubling you, these recipes may be your lifesaver.…